Tuesday, July 8, 2008

In the Beginning.....

In the beginning months I started with my simple 10 oz. candle, and only offered 8 scents at that time. These included Almond Biscotti, Hazelnut Coffee, Pumpkin Souffle, Cranberry Bliss, Caramelized Pear, Spiced Apples, Banana Nut Bread, and Cinnamon Buns. I sold to friends at first, and then coworkers at school and immediately began receiving positive feedback and gained repeat customers. I began my business at a perfect time of year, and by the end of September I started making smaller candles in frosted jars for the holidays. I added many holiday scents at this time also, including Christmas Cheer, Mistletoe, Amaretto Nog, Old Fashioned Christmas, Sugar Cookie, Spice, and Caramel Apple . I was fortunate enough to find out about many local craft shows and festivals around the holidays and worked several Saturdays promoting my business.

No comments: