Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Mini Vacation

First of all I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! We made it home from Tennessee on Tuesday night. The pictures on my last post don't compare to seeing the mountains with your own eyes. It was very cold, 27 degrees when we got there on Friday night. The highs were in the mid 40's. The cabin we rented was beautiful.
We enjoyed the hot tub every day, and it was quite an experience to have part of your body emerged in steaming hot water while you could still see your breath above. We were staying between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and visited both places during our stay. We ate at the Brass Lantern in Gatlinburg, a restaurant we remembered from our honeymoon 23 yrs ago. We walked through the shops and went to the Ripley's Aquarium.
We had a nice relaxing time. We didn't get to see it snow, and Lee didn't see any deer or bears. It was great just being away and out of our normal routine. We left Gatlinburg on Monday and went to Dunlap for a night. We got up Tuesday morning and drove up the mountain to see our land. Here are some pics of the drive up Cagle Mountain, and a picture of our land.

I slept most of the way home on Tuesday. I am thankful that we had the chance to get away for a few days. It brings to mind the verse.....come apart and rest for awhile. Now I feel refreshed and ready to handle my busy schedule for the next month. I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving today!

Deanna


2 comments:

shauna said...

It looks so beautiful in Tennessee! Glad y'all had a relaxing vacation.
40 degrees!!! I think I'd rather visit Tennessee in the spring...

Patty Jo said...

Gorgeous Deanna! I love Tennessee. but I have to admit 27?? Yikes! hahaha So glad you got some rest and relaxatioN!